Well, that was silly. Re-doing my movable pilot.

I discovered a few cracks starting in my old Tiger Moth and, as long as I had the wing off for repairs, I decided to take the opportunity to tweak my recent movable pilot mod.

I realized after my first test flight that it would be better to put the pilot on the aileron, rather than rudder, channel, as that channel gets a lot more – and larger – activity. That is, the ailerons move farther, and more often, than the rudder, so I’d see more pilot movement.

I also realized that I didn’t really need the ‘Y’ connector I had so laboriously soldered together from two servo extensions. Instead of splitting the signal from the receiver, I could just program a mix on the radio, itself. Which is what I did, using the aileron channel to drive the flap channel (which this plane doesn’t use). The pilot servo is now plugged directly into the flap channel.

Live and learn.

This entry was posted in Biplanes & Triplanes, Custom & Modified, Lessons Learned, Repairs. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *