Beautiful weather here today. I took my Waco over to a nearby schoolyard for a flight. Near the end, it started acting … funny. I couldn’t quite figure out what was going on. When I brought it in to land, I discovered that this had happened.
One of the magnets which hold the battery hatch in place had come loose and the hatch itself popped up. Fortunately, it was caught beneath the wing and I didn’t have to spend hours search for it.
I brought it home to repair the magnet and discovered that a couple of the screws that hold the motor onto the metal x-mount were also loose. So I pulled the motor off, re-tightened everything, and put it all back together in time for a second flight before the sun went down.